Take an active role in your diagnosis and treatment! If you are at risk for an abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), it’s important to discuss the condition and screening options with your doctor.
Here are some questions you may want to consider discussing with your doctor:
- What is AAA?
- Am I at risk?
- Should I be screened?
- How often should I be screened?
- What will I experience during the procedure?
- How do I prepare for a screening?
- Does my insurance cover this exam?
- Where can I receive a screening?
- What should I do if my screening indicates an abnormality?
- Is there anything that I can do to prevent AAA?
- What are my treatment options?